In honor of my birthday, which was on Tuesday this week, and my tradition of eating out at the Northwestern Steakhouse in Mason City, I will be sharing a similar greek steak recipe that you can try out. I will warn you, these steaks are delicious, but are not even close to how great the steaks are at the restaurant. 🙂 The waitresses always told me that it was their oven that made it so good. I still believe them to this day.
Greek Steak & Pasta
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (crushed) (I use beef since Spenser is allergic to chicken)
- 1/4 heaping tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 2 (2″ thick) Beef Filet
- 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Heat the first 5 ingredients in a sauce pan until putter is melted. Stir frequently.
- Pour over the steaks in a small baking pan. Turn steaks to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, then turn steaks.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes to desired doneness.
- Medium Rare: 130-135
- Medium: 135-140
- Medium Well: 140-150
- Well Done: 155+
- Put steaks on plates. Combine the cooked pasta with the pan juices from the steak, then toss to coat.
- Top pasta with Parmesan cheese then serve.