Last week I went out to lunch with some of the North Iowa Bloggers to the Lady Bud Cafe. Beth Ann had their egg salad sandwich, which I i still want to try. But it got me thinking, There are so many calories in an egg salad sandwich. So since I love eggs, and I love egg salad sandwiches, but I hate the calories in it… here is a healthier version that is to die for! 🙂
Healthy Egg Salad Sandwich
1/3 cup = 3 Weight Watcher PointsPlus (PPV)
- 8 large eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill (may substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut each egg in half and place in food processor bowl.
- Pulse 10-12 times until eggs are broken up into small pieces, being careful not to overdo it and puree the eggs. (Or, chop the eggs with a knife.)
- In a separate large bowl, use a fork to whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, and salt
- Add the chopped eggs and mix lightly with the fork until well combined.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup egg salad inside a split roll or croissant; or use sandwich bread. Add lettuce or other greens to the sandwich, if desired.